[for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?

Le 24/08/2012 16:59, Mike disait


On 24 août 2012, at 16:52, Mogens Lemvig Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

I am not a native English speaker, but aren't the segments of a bridge
between the vertical supports called spans? If that's right, one could find
the Italian word for such segments and lift the lilypond word from there.


On 2012-08-24, at 5:19 AM, Felipe Castro <address@hidden> wrote:

A spanner (in this context) is something that spans. So we could
call a bridge a river spanner (although I don't believe anyone ever actually

It's a travée in French...
Travée implies more of a space between things than the thing filling the space.
That said, I don't see why not, but Jean-Charles would be better equipped than
I to give an opinion on the subject.

Don't you have in Italian such a tool as


that might help!